InstallAnywhere 2023 (5 day remotely delivered instructor-led)
InstallAnywhere makes it easy for developers to create professional installation software that performs the same – no
matter what the platform.
You’ll be able to create reliable installations for on-premises platforms like Windows®, Linux®,
Apple®, Solaris®, AIX, HP-UX, and IBM, and then deploy them physically, virtually or to the cloud (you can even package it up
into a Docker container) all from a single project file.
Whether for standalone instances or integrated into your current systems, with InstallAnywhere, you’ll be able to adapt
to industry changes quickly, get to market faster and deliver an engaging customer experience.
Our 5-day ‘InstallAnywhere 2020’ course provides you with a solid understanding of multi—platform installations –
providing everything needed to create multi-platform installations for physical, virtual and cloud environments.
You will learn how to leverage the updated Designer interface and create installers that include the upgrade,
maintenance and instance management functionality.
Deep-dive into the Rules Manager to create reusable platform rules which can be based on specific files types, as
well as install dependencies from Linux® Package Managers, reduce steps for RPM and DEB prerequisites. You will learn
how to install databases to Ibm DB2, Microsoft® SQL, Mysql®
In this class you will learn how to:
- Create Java™-based installations (v13) for
multiplatform applications, including Windows® 10
- Manage rules/dependencies & automation processes
- Install Linux® package manager dependencies
- Support latest Microsoft® certificate requirements
- Install web apps to Tomcat™ and WebSphere®
- Create installs that connect to IBM DB2,
Microsoft® SQL, MySQL™ and Oracle
- Include silent, console and GUI installations
- Build Docker Images from any InstallAnywhere
InstallAnywhere 2020 New Features:
- Mac Notarization Compliance
- Amazon Corretto OpenJDK support – Amazon
Corretto 8 and 11 distributions of OpenJDK.
- Improved Digital Signing for Installers –using
certificate store information.
Previous InstallAnywhere experience is not required; however, you should be comfortable with the following:
- Using Windows Explorer and the command prompt to create and manage files, and run executables
- Basic Windows terminology (e.g. DLL, Control Panel, etc.)
- Later sections of the course assume familiarity with programming or scripting languages such as VBScript, C or C++, and C#.